Please see the below campsite map for the locations of our camping fields and indoor accommodation. Further details of the camping fields and indoor accommodation can be found on the Facilities page and the fees can be seen on the Fees page.
Please use the below availability calendar to see what is available when but please note it is possible for us to have received bookings that are not yet shown on the calendar.
- Bookings will be made through the Online Scout Management (OSM) venue management system.
- The link to make bookings is here:- https://www.onlinescoutmanager.co.uk/v/wike-campsite
- If you have an OSM account you can use that, if not you will be asked to create an account.
- To complete your booking you will need to know:
- The dates you wish to stay.
- The pitch or facilities you want to book.
- The number of people who will be visiting.
- Note that you can book more than one facility on one booking.
- The system asks for contact details. We are only interested in your name, your group / section, your role in scouting, a contact email address and a phone number.
- The system will not let you book facilities that are already booked.
- It is essential that we are given a minimum of one weeks notice of your request to be able to arrange warden cover.
- North Leeds scout groups are expected to arrange ‘self wardening’ through their group key holder.
- We will review and confirm bookings after a review.
- Do not confirm your visit to your Group until you receive notification that the visit is confirmed.
- Final adjustments to numbers attending can be made at the time of the visit. An amended /accurate fees bill will be generated at that point.
- Questions can be directed to [email protected].
- A good instruction set is available here: https://oakscampsite.org.uk/booking/
- You will need to bring your own first aid kit and sanitiser for use on arrival and departure.
- Please ensure you read the risk assessment and arrivals and departure processes before your visit.
In the event of the need to call the emergency services
Dial 999 and request the service you need.
Campsite address is:
Wike Scout Campsite
BackStone Gill Lane Leeds LS17 9JS.
This information is stored on the notice board near the wood pile.
Please advise that the campsite is through the village, past the pay and play golf course and to look for an adult in a high-vis jacket on the left hand side of the road.
Request that a responsible adult goes to the wardens hut and obtains a high vis jacket then stands at the entrance to the camp site so they are visible to traffic coming from the village but are safe from potential injury. Their role is to be a marker for the emergency services
Notify the warden on site that an emergency vehicle is expected.
After the incident please ensure that a report is filed with the warden and that the incident book is completed.
NB. As from 1st Sept 2014 all site users must either burn their waste or take it home for disposal. There will be no waste disposal available on site.
If you want to enquire about more than one set of dates or you would like more information or advice about what to book then please contact our bookings secretary Martyn Leat by email or by phone.
We will attempt to accommodate late notice bookings where we can but please try to make bookings including for evening visits at least a fortnight in advance to allow us time to try to find available duty wardens.
You can download the campsite’s COVID-19 Risk Assessment for restarting here.
|[click image to view]||[click image to view]|
|Wike Campsite is owned and managed by North Leeds District Scout Council – Charity No. 1085203|