Bookings will be made through the Online Scout Management (OSM) venue management system. The link to make bookings can be found here. If you have an OSM account you can use that, if not you will be asked to create an account.
To complete your booking you will need to know:
- The dates you wish to stay.
- The pitch or facilities you want to book.
- The number of people who will be visiting.
-Note that you can book more than one facility on one booking.
The system asks for contact details. We are only interested in your name, your group / section, your role in scouting, a contact email address and a phone number.
The system will not let you book facilities that are already booked and it is essential that we are given a minimum of one weeks notice of your request to be able to arrange warden cover.
North Leeds Scouts groups are expected to arrange ‘self wardening’ through their group key holder.
We will review and confirm bookings after a review. Do not confirm your visit to your Group until you receive notification that the visit is confirmed.
Final adjustments to numbers attending can be made at the time of the visit. An amended /accurate fees bill will be generated at that point.
Please note you will need to bring your own first aid kit and sanitiser for use on arrival and departure and ensure you read the risk assessment and arrivals and departure processes before your visit.
Camp site day commences at 4.00 p.m. and ends at 4.00 p.m.
Early arrival or late departure must be agreed with the Booking Secretary and may involve additional charges.
Wike Campsite Rules
All Groups Must Report to the Warden.
All groups on site to agree and share duty rota to clean the toilet block twice a day and the last group leaving to ensure toilets are thoroughly cleaned. ( Behind the Ladies toilet door there is a Hot tap for filling mop buckets, please ensure that when finished, mops and buckets are also emptied and cleaned).
* When using Camp Fire Circle please maintain a reasonably sized fire and not a huge bonfire.
* On the upper camping area all fires are to be confined to the Fire-shelf unless using an altar fire.
* On lower field, please observe existing fire areas.
* Respect living trees – neither chop or saw branches.
* Please return any unused wood to the woodpile.
* DO NOT put glass on a fire, it does not burn
* If burning your rubbish/waste, please ensure it is fully burnt and the ashes disposed of.
* Return all oil drums to the store. Please stack them upside down.
* All ashes to be disposed of in the appropriate area, including those from Camp Fire Circle.
There is no smoking (or vaping) on site.
Anyone wishing to smoke must go off site at the bottom gate.
Please ensure cigarette ends are not dropped on the floor or discarded into the shrubbery.
NO DOGS ON SITE
NO ROPE SWINGS
* Tables and benches must not be taken outside the hut
* Motor Vehicles must not be driven onto grassed areas
* Observe Out of Bounds limits to farmland and woods and Golf Course
* Due to soil erosion please keep to pathways from top to bottom field
* Do not throw anything onto farmland
* Chemical toilets, if used, to be emptied into cesspit – see Warden
* Uniformed organisations in camp are requested to fly Union Flag
* The Site must go quiet by 11pm
* Ensure Toilet facilities are cleaned.
* Return all equipment borrowed and advise of any breakages or loss.
* Check stream and dismantle and remove any dams that have been built.
NB. As from 1st Sept 2014 all site users must either burn their waste or take it home for disposal. There will be no waste disposal available on site.
Note that Non Payment of fees before departure will incur an admin charge of £10.00. Unless paying by BACS by prior agreement. Failure to pay by BACS within 14 days will incurr the non payment charge.
Any booking that requires additional visits to site by the warden, prior to, during, or after your booking, for delivery or collection of equipment or supplies will incur additional fee of £10.00 per visit.
Failure to attend may result in additional charges.
The Duty Wardens decision is final.